7.04.2011

Put Your Hands In The Air

In all of this moving mess, I've managed to lose a few things, which might doesn't surprise any of you.  Among my lost toiletry items was my only stick of high-test, prescription-grade, radioactive deodorant/ antiperspirant.  Today was day 4 without it, and I could tell that I would be pushing the envelope to go for 5.  Each additional day without deodorant has an exponential effect, and 5 days would leave me smelling like I'd been living in a barbecue pit for a year, my days spent sleeping next to a everlasting bag of yellow onions.  Aside from my sister, you've never seen a girl sweat like this, and that's when I'm sitting at a desk chair for 10 hours a day. 

I don't know where the phrase comes from, but the idea that women "don't sweat, they just glisten" makes me want to laugh so hard I might just need to run to the bathroom.  If preteen girls can't handle the fact that their skin is leaking, life is going to have some really shocking surprises to showcase in oh, I don't know, 3 years or so.  Buckle down ladies, because your bodies are coming after you in ways you can't possibly imagine.

It happens to the best of us.   source


So this morning I went to our local grocery establishment, and in a quest to do something merciful for my peers but easier on my body, bought a new stick of natural deodorant.  And though I'd been hoping for Tom's Woodspice scent, I was schoolgirl-level giddy to find that the store carried the Tom's of Maine brand at all.  Proportionally, my grocery store is way better than yours.  For serious.  Anyhow, I've tried natural deodorants (non-antiperspirants) before with little success and a lot of extra laundry, but I'm hoping that it's a wall worth running at again.

I'll let you know how it goes.  Or perhaps you will just see the dark stains under my arms and avoid the question.  

At that point, it might be wise to avoid my gaze as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts