5.29.2012

Making Wilbur Proud

Up to this point, I don't think I've ever used this blog to give a shameless plug for any one thing.

Well, maybe ice cream cones.

I just realized that I have 6 pages of search results on this blog for "ice cream".  SIX PAGES.

Or whitewater kayaking.

Or my sister.

Or my sister and ice cream.

So - scratch that - I guess I have made my fair share of endorsements.  Today, though, I'd like to give a plug for some music you may or may not want to check out. Right now, it's free (yes, FREE) on Noisetrade, a magical land of musical discovery (with, I admit, some very misfit toys scattered throughout).  Noisetrade could be a whole other plug on its own.

Artist: Bison.  Album: Quill.

What's weird is that just the other day, my sister told me to check out an album titled The Goat Rodeo Sessions.  Then I found Bison's record.  I'm not sure what is going on with the livestock theme, but at least both sets are good.  In addition, there aren't actually any farm animals involved in the production of said music.  That I know of.

Bison's debut is, in my opinion, a great album, and is worth a run-through, particularly the title track, Quill.  If you turn up the volume, sit back and soak it in, your heart will want to take off and soar like a balloon filling with helium at the party store.  I promise - you'll need a ribbon around your wrist just to keep it from escaping through the car window.  Bison is like the love-child of Mumford & Sons, Fleet Foxes and David Garrett.

If that's possible.

Keep in mind, though, that this is all coming from a girl that lives in the forest, wears penguin pajamas, and can only play the rubber band guitar she made in kindergarten.  I'm what you call out-of-touch, so if you give this a listen and find that I'm living three years in the musical past, keep it to yourself.

I like my ice cream served with a healthy dollop of blissful ignorance.

It's an acquired taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts